Sunday, March 30, 2014

Even More Continuing Collation

I've made some serious progress on George's court list since last week, and am nearing completion on his section of the Establishment Books. I hope to finish with this process by the end of this week or fairly early next week, so that I can pick up the next (and final, I believe) source(s) I'll be using to compile these court lists, the Magna Britanniae Notitiae, which I've described in an earlier post. Once I've finished collating the sources for George's court list, I'm planning on putting up a post comparing the courts of George and Caroline, in terms of size, differences in offices, etc...and I hope to have that up within the next week or so. For now, however, still plugging away!
This week's Interesting Historical Tidbit!!! is actually unrelated to my project, but it's a big example of British History in the news, so I figured I'd throw it in! This is a really fascinating find, and hopefully the archaeologists and researchers who will investigate the site and bodies will be able to learn more about life (and death) in medieval London!
British Experts find Plague Cemetery in Downtown London
Also, an interesting related article:
Apparently Black Death may have been airborne, rather than flea-borne.
Also, as a HUGE admirer of Greater London's Rail Infrastructure, I'm going to shamelessly include a link to the absolutely awesome Crossrail project. The tunneling for this project is what unearthed the skeletons, so its definitely related to British History. Right? Right. (No, but seriously, this is a pretty good source for more info on the find and the ongoing excavations).

No comments:

Post a Comment